Mini-Grants Available through BICAA
The Application period for 2017 Mini-Grants is now closed
The Beaver Island Cultural Arts Association announces the 2017 BICAA Mini Grant Awards are closed. Applicants must be 18 years of age by the deadline date. Applications are judged based on cultural merit, community impact, and feasibility. The project must benefit the Beaver Island community, by being located on the Island.
The purpose of the Mini-Grant Program is:
- To foster excellence, diversity and vitality in arts offerings for all Beaver Island residents
- To broaden opportunities for Island audiences, artists and arts organizations
- To increase the availability of arts activities and programs for all Island residents
- To promote Island awareness of cultural arts.
Applications are evaluated and amounts (up to $1000) are awarded by the BICAA Board. BICAA Mini Grant award funds must be expended within a twelve (12) month period. Any award funds not properly obligated by the recipient within the grant award period will lapse and revert to BICAA. The obligation deadline is the last day of the grant award period unless otherwise stipulated. (Example: If the award period is 10/1/17 to 9/30/18, the obligation deadline is 9/30/18).
The review of grants will be based on the following evaluation criteria:
Cultural Merit; Quality/Creativity of Programming
- Recognized quality of artistic programming
- Fulfills unmet community need
- Programming reflects applicant’s objectives
Service to the Community
- Broadens access and opportunity to the cultral arts
- Reaches under-served audiences and constituencies
- Engages in successful partnerships with other cultural arts groups
- Exhibits sound business practices and financial responsibility
- Exhibits ability to leverage resources
- Management/administrative structure capable of providing planned programming